(1) How many seek out the sun at high noon?
(2) Let me live in false hope.
For if mirages disappear, what will happen to the desert?
(3) Those wishing wisdom in youth
Should understand this:
The atmosphere at noon
is different from that prevailing in the evening.
(4) Inquisitiveness for the sake of it, makes no sense.
Does darkness ask where light is?
(5) A simple flute
Took its revenge
for having been pierced.
By letting out a melody
which pierced a million hearts!
(6) Should hope die,
Then, O life,
you may live on, but I will not.
For, when the boat sinks,
The captain does not make it ashore.
(7) O Nightingale!
Have you ever been placed
in a situation
Where you have the voice,
But cannot sing?
(8) Flower buds have the wealth of fragrance in their fists.
The moment they open their fingered petals,
The treasure starts escaping!
(9) If something were to happen to all the madmen,
Where will madness go?